Below are the 10 most common misconceptions we hear. Unfortunately, many people suffer needlessly for years because they believe the misconceptions.
Common Misconceptions about Varicose Veins:
- If I don’t see any bulging veins on my legs, I don’t have varicose veins
- Varicose veins can be treated with creams or pills
- Varicose veins are only a cosmetic problem and not a medical problem
- There are no significant health problems that can occur as a result of varicose veins
- If I just keep my legs elevated at night, my varicose veins won’t get worse
- Only women can get varicose veins
- The only way to get rid of varicose veins is to have surgery
- I need my varicose veins for circulation, so I can’t get rid of them
- Only elderly people have spider veins or varicose veins
- Women should wait until they’re done having children before having their varicose veins treated
Remember, varicose veins, when left untreated, can develop into a serious medical condition. That’s why it’s important to take action as soon as possible. The sooner you see us, the sooner you can get back to feeling good. And looking good!
Schedule your consultation by calling 866.Fix.Vein today or make an appointment online.